With more and more users doing online shopping , there is a considerable rise in companies of e-commerce or online shopping . When we talk about ecommerce , seems to exist only online software stores as Magento and Prestashop, as if they were the only tools to mount an online store. It is a fact that are really good, and if you have the budget you can get to work wonders with them. We must also say that their support is very good and there are great professionals working behind these tools.
But let the reality of many What if my budget is small and I want to add to my online store some more functionality? Well, you have at your disposal the CMS wordpress plugins and a string of ecommerce can Usari and configure to taste in a few minutes. In fact, before this step is important to know the main elements of an online WordPress .
Before proceeding, I recommend reviewing the best plugins for wordpress and best websites to buy premium wordpress templates I choose consciously.
Best WordPress plugins for ecommerce
Cart66 offers a free version and a professional version with different licensing options to choose from. The free version includes basic features for e-commerce such as order management, promotions management, tax and shipping charges, support for multiple currencies, customizable email reports and more.
Cart66 also has some features that make it a unique wordpress plugin and one of the best options based on the needs of your ecommerce project . The professional version supports recurring payments and access to members. Also, both the free and pro version allows you to sell products of any page or post. The professional version integrates with the popular plugin Gravity Forms forms together and open up great possibilities.
A shopping cart plugin for free and very complete, Ecwid is incredibly easy to use and can be configured in 5 minutes. You can install this plugin on your WordPress page, your Facebook page and even configure it for use on mobile devices. The role of “mirror” allows you to manage the purchase from many pages from a central console.
In addition to the free plan with standard features of e-commerce , Ecwid offers premium plans starting at $ 15 a month offering volume discounts, discount vouchers, inventory management and much more.
# 3 eShop
eShop is a p Lugin free e-commerce which has been downloaded more than half a million times. It includes features like multiple product options, basic statistics and sales data, shipping and sales tax options, configurable email templates, basic inventory control and more.
JigoShop is a plugin for WordPress that allows you to have an online store easily and without complications. Just fill in a few fields, go up photographs of items and will list your online store in a few steps .
JigoShop allows you, among other things, the following features:
- Adds own themes and plugins
- Detailed orders
- Information through graphics
- Widgets for WordPress control panel
- Possibility of discount coupons
- Payments with Paypal, skrill, cash and debit
With JigoShop have the full power of WordPress combined with the simplicity of a plugin, creating a simple and very powerful combination.
From one of the creators of the premium templates most famous for WordPress (Woothemes), have created an ecommerce plugin called WooCommerce . WooCommerce is a fork of JigoShop, or whatever it is, is based in the plugin JigoShop plugin. They managed to improve substantially, especially in the language, which still translates JigoShop environment and shop jewellery online from English into Spanish. This is the most visible improvement since with WooCommerce Store have both admin panel and fully translated into Spanish.
WooCommerce among other things allows you to:
- A panel sales with very detailed analytical
- Filtering shipments, which allows us to define shipping charges depending on the country or
to which the packet is directed area, or depending on weight of shipment
- Custom Taxes
- Custom user area, where each user can see the status of their orders,
manage their data, etc
- Order management: It has a special area where order management to change
the status of orders (shipped, packing, received …) for customers, reduce
stock, send invoices, etc
- Allows creation of simple products (a single object), grouped (similar products)
or variations (same product, different combinations)
- Inventory control, allowing to know exactly how many products you can sell
- Allows management of your payments by Paypal, credit card (Paypal gateway),
payment by bank transfer and cash on delivery
It is a plugin for comprehensive and highly recommended online stores because its developer community that continues to innovate and its great possibilities.
Shopp is a premium plugin that is on the market for years and has become one of the most popular plugins e-commerce for years. A single license for a single website, is available for $ 75.The plugin developer option goes for $ 299. Some of its features include coupon codes, control tax and shipping, products, RSS feeds, different types of view, order management, email notifications, integration with payment gateways and many more.
#7 WP eCommerce
WP eCommerce is a plugin for WordPress that allows you to mount an online store in a few steps to sell your products almost instantly. It has the most used online payment systems and the only downside is that the plugin is in English.
Although it is a free plugin, has some limitations that can be unlocked by buying this plugin in its gold version , which costs $ 47. This will allow us to upload multiple images to a single product, implement a search engine in stock deals, etc.
In addition they also sell aggregates (addons) that give more versatility to the store, as it may be an addon that lets you drag and drop items to the cart, display the products in different ways, to integrate an audio player for music sales, etc.
This plugin for online shopping is the easiest and least known of all. One of its advantages is that it has the ability to purchase payment gateways for various Spanish banks. The online store that generates fully translated into Spanish, but change is a little more complicated to understand than before.
Among many other features TheCartPress features:
- Payment Gateways for different Spanish banks
- Generate crowfunding projects with plugin
- Building a Marketplace for others to sell your products on your website
- System affiliate products or services
- It has a forum where the community responds to questions
- It is multilingual, so you will not have problem with the language
- It is multi-currency, so you can have your store in any world currency
TheCartPress is a good option if you need a payment gateway of a Spanish bank , but change is not as well known and as used by the WordPress community.
It is my humble opinion, but after using these ecommerce plugins for WordPress , I have to say:
- JigoShop and WooCommerce plugins are the ones I liked . Simple and understandable, and above WooCommerce is entirely in Spanish. In contrast no TPV for Spanish banks.
- Ecwid, Cart66 and eShop are fine, but they lack to be in Spanish and offer more configuration options.
- WP eCommerce is a good plugin and modulosdepago.es has TPV for him. Something expensive in my opinion.
- And finally TheCartPress did not convince me at all in simplicity and usability, but has to pay POS module.
For a small business such as a restaurant, bakery, or florist shop, is very interesting to create a free blog or create a blog thinking about SEO and WordPress once you have traffic, online shop mountone of these plugins .
What did you think? Would you have been good these plugins? Tell me what you think about it and do not forget to share.